(Inspired by Pastor Dave Bowman of New Horizon Church)
Scripture references: Galatians 6:1-3; 4:6; 5:13; 6:7-10; 1 Corinthians 12:26; Matthew 11:28-29; Psalm 119:29-30; Hebrews 9:27
There are different kinds of tired.
There’s the “I need a nap” tired.
There’s the “bone tired” (“I need a vacation!”)
But then there’s the “I got nothing left” kind of tired.
There are times when we need to experience true restoration after feeling so weighed down by life’s issues.
See Galatians 6:1-3
We should use the chance God has given us to be another for someone else. In other words, since God has given us another chance, we should go and help someone else who might be struggling with something so they can see that they can make it.
Let’s not be too big to help others.
1 – We are to BE the Church. The Church is not just a place we go to hear a sermon on Sundays.
- The church is to be a place of relationship. (Galatians 4:6; 5:13)
- We need relationships where we have a certain level of vulnerability. It’s so we can know that we can care for others and we too are cared for.
- The church is to be a place of discipline.
- The church is to be a place of grace (if someone messes up we are to restore them gently.)
- Let’s not be independent and isolated individuals
2 – We are to share each other’s burdens (greek word “phortion”). It can mean a light or heavy load.
- Don’t say, “If you need anything, let me know.” That actually does not help because the person has to figure out how you would be able to help. Instead, just jump in and help where you see an evident need.
- See Matthew 11:28-29
- Jesus wants to lighten our load.
- Come to Jesus through entering a relationship with Him and reading His Word. Worship Him in song.
3 – We are to be good planters.
- Galatians 6:7-8
- Biblically speaking, karma does not exist. It’s a false teaching from Buddhism and Hinduism. To those who adhere to that, basically what you do in this life has some sort of impact on what happens in the next life after reincarnation.
- Hebrews 9:27 is clear on the fact that we die ONCE, then there is the judgment. There is no reincarnation and no nirvana.
- Let us not mock God by thinking we can sin and get away with it.
- We need to sow into the Holy Spirit and not to our flesh.
- We need to transfer our relationships with others, our security, our careers, our “stuff,” and everything else from the “Me” area to the God area.
4 – We are to keep doing the right thing.
- Galatians 6:9-10
- Whatever happens, don’t give up!
- While you stay the course, keep doing good to all men, especially to those who belong to Christ. The saints ought to help take care of their own.
I just want to encourage and inspire as many people as I can for Jesus Christ.